Web Design, From Serviceable to Remarkable
Get yourself a website that stands out!
HOW WEB DESIGN CAN SEAL YOUR
So your business got a nice review? A shout-out from an influencer? Or maybe that optimized content finally paid off, and you’re now soaring high on Google’s first page. Now you have all sorts of people suddenly winding up on your website. Yet it looks like loads of people are hitting the “back” button as soon as they land, even though you know your product offer to be amazing. So what gives?
Well, you guessed it: you’re probably another victim of mediocre web design.
You’ve got a run-of-the-mill website, and Internet users are picky, if not downright suspicious. If you want to convert random affluence into brand loyalty, you need your web design to wow them.
Good web design will not only impress visitors but will also rank higher on search engines, which will build user trust and make them more likely to take action.
WHAT IS WEB DESIGN EXACTLY?
“Good web design informs your audience.
Great web design engages it.”.
Great web design engages it.
Web design is the process of thinking up content and laying it out on an online platform. In 2021, designing a website not only means making sure your audience gets the information. It’s also about aesthetics, usability, and functionality.
Your content needs to be pleasant to look at, but most of all, it needs to communicate a clear value proposition from the get-go.
10 SECONDS IS ALL YOU NEED
A classic study on Internet user behavior shows that visitors are notoriously hard to keep around once they’ve landed on your site. Users who are browsing for information or looking for the best deal are wary of all the clickbait-y, popup-ridden pages, all the dead links and antiquated 1.0 websites, and all the straight-up scams, so they go at it with a mindset of ruthless elimination.
With bad web design, they tend to take a quick peek and leave right away, unconvinced. Yet, in the rare occasions where they decide that the page is valuable, they might linger for a good while. In fact, this relationship between time and attention span follows what engineers call the Weibull principle of negative aging:
“The longer a user stays on a website, the less likely they are to leave.”
That’s why your website needs to get its value proposition across within 10 seconds. For the first 10 seconds, the struggle to keep the user engaged is an uphill battle, but pass that threshold, and you’re golden! That’s what great web design will do for you.
7 TIPS FOR CREATING THE BEST WEB
Here’s how you make sure visitors don’t leave your website as soon as they land on it:
- Deliver quality content That one goes without saying. Trying to save a badly written website with flashy web design will always show. These days, most Internet users are Internet-savvy enough to see through that kind of gimmick. Please go back to the cutting room.
- Convey purpose Anyone should be able to tell at first glance what your site is all about, what it has to offer to and what it wants from its user. Is it supposed to be a news outlet, showcase a line of products, explain how to do something? Good web design will make sure whichever page the user lands on expresses a well-defined purpose.
- Please the eye A website should have the right imagery, color scheme, and font for its business intent. The colors chosen are especially important since they are unconsciously associated with specific values and moods. Best practices in web design will have text follow a visual hierarchy—that is, a clear-cut arrangement of titles and paragraphs—, tacked on a grid-based layout.
- Shepherd navigation Good web design will help the user navigate around the website. That means tabs for sections, but also the placement of all elements. Even when looking at non-textual elements, the human eye tends to browse through content the same way it reads. That’s why web design aimed at western audiences should always follow what we call the F-shape pattern. Elements should be laid out to start from the top left and then cover the whole page from top to bottom and from left to right.
- Get load time down to a minimum 2 seconds. That’s all you get before your user’s attention starts wandering. Nearly half of consumers expect your page to load in less than that and will leave before the 3-second mark. Compressing your images and videos will help since they usually are the main culprits. Ideally, you would bring load time under half a second and make it a seamless browsing experience.
- Make it mobile-friendly Nowadays, mobile usage has surpassed desktop usage. You definitely don’t want to miss out on all these potential visitors! Once you have the perfect website for desktop, make it compatible and easy to use with all devices.
Smart web design is a crucial part of generating leads online. EMPOWER has all the expertise to make sure all the elements above are synergized into one strong, streamlined online vitrine.
Here are a few of the web design hurdles EMPOWER’s on-demand experts can work out for you:
- Selection of the appropriate platform;
- Content creation;
- Adaptation and integration of pre-existing assets;
- Mock-ups and proposals catered to your brand identity;
- Help with domain name (URL) selection and acquisition;
- Web development expertise;
- Technical support.
Get the EMPOWER treatment now. Sit back and watch as one-time visitors become customers!